Modern parents are faced with a common concern for their children when it comes to bullying. They are often searching for answers to what to do if your child is being bullied on every piece of information on this violent act on kids. Every time I’m at https://abingdontowtruck.com/ duties, I call my kids to ensure they are safe and doing well. Bullying has become more profound in today’s young generation. It is a problem affecting our children both at school and on the streets. Bullying takes place in several different forms such as physical assault (in kicking, hitting, and being bitten). Kids may also be subjected to social exclusion by being rejected by a particular group. There is a more common form of bullying through verbal harassment which involves name-calling and teasing in front of other kids.
This article is going to explore the ways you can identify and how to react to your child been bullied
Always keep a watchful eye for warning signs that shows whether your child has been bullied. The signs may seem obvious but often ignored like a recoil on the subject of school and holding back on sharing anything about their school. As a parent, you should show an interest in your child’s school life. By communicating regularly and finding out how they are getting along with their friends, and who are they having a falling out with at school.W
What to do on confirmation to bullying.
- The parents should go on to finding every detail about what the bullies are subjecting their kids to. Documenting the date, time, actions, and where the bullying is taking place.
- You need to show your child acceptance while providing unconditional love. You do not want them thinking there is something wrong with them. Remind them that it is the bullies who have a problem and not them. This will reassure them they don’t face this alone, and nobody should experience or put up with bullying.
- Taking measures to protect and support your child as early as possible in finding out is paramount. At the same time remaining calm, do not over-react as this is the primary concern why kids don’t tell their parents they have been bullied.
- Contact the school to book an appointment with the school principal. This meeting should occur during school hours. At the meeting layout the details of the bullying incident as obtained from your child. This should be done calmly don’t give in into emotions.
- While consulting the school anti-bullying policy, come up with a plan to confront the issue with the principal. You should write down the agreement to hold him or her accountable for the proposed enactment. Later do a follow up on your child to make sure the bullying did stop while doing the same with the school principal.
Contact a children’s health counselor and get your child help.
You should try to get your child a mental counselor, aside from the school counselor. To help overcome the trauma of bullying. The child should also be encouraged to join in an extracurricular activity like drama. The activities will contribute to boosting confidence and create an environment for the child to make new friends and feel part of a group. The new association will ease the pressure on the child and enable him or her to get back to normal school life.